Let’s be real, nutrition is one of the more difficult changes our [[companyame1]] members go through, but it’s also the most rewarding. Nutrition in general has become more confusing and more ridiculous as new diets and crazes are regularly emerging.
Diets aren’t sustainable. Why? Because most diets focus on limiting something, like calories, carbs, or fat. Not only is this unhealthy, but also unrealistic. Our bodies are machines that need to be fueled the correct way to perform properly. Depriving your body of essential nutrients is bad for your physical and mental health. In addition, research found that only 1% of people who diet solo actually lose their excess weight, and more often, gain it all back and sometimes more.
Good nutrition is an important part of our program. Since beginning our 10-week challenge in 2001, Farrell's has had the same approach when it comes to nutrition—keeping it easy! It’s not a diet, it’s a lifestyle change in how you eat.
How we eat, what we eat, and the “ingredients” put into our food have substantially changed over the years. We teach our members about making healthy choices and give them the tools and resources to succeed.
So, what makes Farrell's nutrition program unique?
- Food is fuel. This is the most important aspect of our nutrition program. Many people use food as an escape, a friend, or an indulgence. While it’s nice to splurge every once in a while, it’s become the norm in our society making obesity an epidemic. Our members are taught that food is fuel for our bodies and should be treated in that fashion. Nothing more.
- We don’t count calories! Whew! Finally, a nutrition program that doesn’t keep track of calories! We don’t focus on calories because many foods have empty calories. Also, a food may be higher in calories, but have a better fiber content and carb/protein ratio, which is more important than the calories.
- The right formula. We follow a specific approach to determine your carb/protein ratio for each meal based on your body composition. This helps you determine how many carbs and how much protein you should be eating to fuel your body until your next meal or snack, keeping your body in “burn mode” as opposed to “store mode.” We also teach about good and bad fat. We need to include good fat in our diets as it supplies our bodies with needed nutrients and vitamins we can’t get anywhere else.
- Eat less, but more often! Over the course of three hours after we eat, food goes into our blood stream—known as blood sugar or your glycemic index. If too much fuel is taken in, our bodies go into “store mode” turning extra sugars into fat. Too little and we start to starve our muscles. Our members consume smaller, proportioned meals every three hours to replenish the tank, so to speak, to keep their body in “burn mode.”
- Fun Day. This is what makes our nutrition program realistic. Farrell's Fun Day is one day during the week (usually Sunday) where our members can celebrate their week’s successes. This is when they have those indulgences. You can eat what and how much you want on your Fun Day, as long as you go at your Level 10 during the week with your workouts and nutrition plan!
- Water. Our bodies are mostly comprised of water, so drinking the right amount of water is essential to our overall health. Water keeps our body and muscles hydrated, as well as helps ease muscle aches. Our members aim to drink at least 10 glasses of water a day. Drinking a glass of water before eating will help make you feel full faster, allowing you to keep portions under control.
So, you could spend a lot of money on fad diets, specific meals that count points, counting calories or cutting every favorite food from your meals.
Or for a fraction of the expense of a diet plan alone, you could sign up for Farrell's next 10-week session and discover how to live a healthy lifestyle and eat normal, good-tasting food! You’ll learn how to eat healthy and participate in intense workouts that burn fat, build muscle, and increase your confidence and energy.
Find a location to get more information about our comprehensive program and to enroll! You won’t believe how much you can transform in only 10 weeks with Farrell’s.
FYI—You can eat bread daily with the Farrell's program too!