Enroll in a gym membership in Mooresville. Eat better and use a nutrition plan. Go to an alternative workout class. Reach your optimal weight.
We’ve all experienced it. It’s a new beginning, and we choose individual resolutions. Then we quit by February. Why does this take place?
1. Make Fitness Goals, Not Resolutions
Resolutions are a steadfast intention to do or not do an action. As a result, they’re rigid and may be daunting.
Goals are the intention of your effort, a plan or a favorable outcome. They appear less formidable—and more practical.
Imagine you approach the new year with the outlook of making achievable goals, rather than making intimidating resolutions? Reevaluating your thinking process and being nicer to yourself is a start toward improvement.
2. Choose SMART Fitness Goals
Your goals for 2020 could incorporate:
- Professional—getting a new title at work.
- Health—starting a strength training schedule.
- Personal—reading extra books.
Now that you’ve created your goals, how do you keep dedicated to accomplishing them?
SMART goals encourage you to reach objectives and acknowledge accomplishments along the way.
How Do You Choose a SMART Goal?
SMART represents specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time-based. They’re definite but not intimidating.
Personal SMART goals could involve:
- Read for 20 minutes before you go to bed each night this week.
- Have veggies at every meal this week.
- Walk after dinner each day this week.
Setting SMART goals will help you avoid becoming defeated by what you want to do.
3. Share Your Fitness Goals with a Family Member
Don’t forget to tell someone about your goals! Keeping an accountability partner can assist you in keeping on track during the process.
4. Claim Your Free Week at FXB Mooresville
Set to finally meet your fitness goals today?
Choosing (and meeting) goals is merely one component of the healthy lifestyle we develop at Farrell's Mooresville. Start a free week and discover how we can help you meet your goals.